'Invasion' by CCCU students
Sturry Primary School hosted an 'Invasion Day' for PCGE students from Canterbury Christ Church University last week, where students came to observe best practice from our teachers. These are the comments that were left by the students - well done to our staff!
- The staff were very friendly and helpful and offered useful advice and were supportive throughout our visit. I found the Phonics experience particularly useful. They were also kind enough to provide breakfast which was greatly appreciated. Please pass on my thanks to the headteacher and her staff.
- The invasion day at Sturry school today was really great. The school were very friendly and welcoming! In phonics and maths in the morning the teachers were very welcoming and it was great to view different year groups. In the afternoon it was great to be in class and although we were timetabled to be in a certain class/year group we were told to feel free to go visit others which was great!
- I attended Sturry CE Primary school today. It was a very positive experience. We were greeted upon arrival and made to feel very welcome. All the teachers and TAs were very helpful and invited us to chat to them at any time during the day if we had any questions. During our main meeting at 12pm, the staff were very helpful and willing to answer questions regarding the school, and general questions including finding a job and the expectations of the NQT year.
- I attended Sturry C of E Primary School today for the invasion day. I thought it was an excellent day. I could not be happier with what I got from the experience, it was incredibly useful.
- The staff at Sturry were extremely welcoming and went out of their way to help us.
- I would like to forward my thanks to the school for hosting us and making the day very memorable.
- I would just like to say that I thoroughly enjoyed my invasion day at Sturry on the 23rd. We were made to feel very welcome by the staff who were willing to tell us about their work and answer any of our questions. The day was very well structured and I liked that we could go into any class in the afternoon. I found it very useful and really did like the school!
- Sturry school was lovely. They sent details of what we were all doing when before the day with the opportunity on the day of switching if we wanted to see a different year group. They also provided us with breakfast! Always a win! All the staff were really lovely and welcoming and clearly knew why we were there and what we were doing. The lessons we observed were all really good and I think we are all stealing a few ideas! It was a really lovely day and I think lots of us want to work there!