My Money Week
From Monday 8th - Friday 12th June, the whole school took part in My Money Week, a national project which aims to provide children with real life experiences of money. We held a Dragons Den competition where every class had to design their own invention, price up the cost of making the product and decide how much they would sell it for. On the Friday, a representative group from each class had to deliver a pitch to the 'Dragons' as part of a competition to find the best investment.
- KS1 first place: Elephants class for their electronic money box
- KS1 second place: Owls class for their 'tickle machine'
- KS1 third place: Year 2 (who worked as a year group) for their 'book robot' which would help both children and adults with their reading.
- KS2 first place: Walrus class for their caramel and marsh mellow chocolate bar
- KS2 second place: Wildcats class for their sports hall design which included seating and flooring
- KS2 third place: Phoenix class for their finger space design to help children (and adults) with their writing.
Year 5 had a slightly different challenge for My Money Week, since they had won some money from a the scarecrow competition, they had the task of working out what it would be best to spend the money on. With a total of £125, both classes carried out some market research and priced up a variety of different ways which the school could spend the money. Once they had completed this, they had to research possible equipment which we could purchase. They worked extremely hard, and soon their investment will be available for the whole school to use!
Well done to every class for their hard work and excellent sales techniques when they presented to the 'Dragons'.