How we communicate
We greatly value our partnership with parents and communicate in a variety of ways:
- We update our official Facebook page with exciting events, activities and news. If you have any suggestions or comments please do tell us - not facebook. Facebook cannot answer your queries but we can.
- We send out Whole School Newsletters every Term to keep parents up to date with what has been going on in the school. These are emailed to parents and appear in the 'Latest News' section on the school homepage, as well as below:
- We send out Class Newsletters at the beginning of every Term to give parents a view of what their child's class will be learning that term. These are emailed to parents and appear on the 'This term we are learning about' page.
- We post key dates on our website which can be seen on the homepage. Clicking on the 'more dates' link will bring up a calendar view of important dates.
- We use a text messaging service to communicate quick reminders or changes to the school day and send out the majority of our 'letters' by email to improve our carbon footprint. Please try to ensure the school office have at least one email address and phone number by which we can reach you. You can also download the free ‘Teachers2Parents’ App to receive notifications direct to your phone instead of text messages.
- A senior member of staff will always be on the gate in the mornings to welcome children and parents into the school.
- Termly school reports are sent home to parents at the end of every term.
If you have a problem and would like to speak to a member of staff it is suggested that you initially speak to your child’s class teacher prior to the Assistant Headteacher then Headteacher.